Summary of Qualifications
Types of Projects I've Worked On
- Over twenty years of project experience
- A consistent record of project success & demonstrated leadership
- Experience interacting with many disciplines – including programmers, analysts, writers, & strategists
- Experience leading the development of scientific, financial, & educational software applications & websites
- Experience in both waterfall and agile software development methodologies
- Expertise in numerous productivity tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, & Project
- Technically savvy, with ability in HTML, Notepad++, SharePoint, Google products, and more
- Project experience with numerous technologies, including HTML, XML, .NET, Flash, Google API, & more
- Effective communicator, negotiator, and consensus-builder
- Certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- ScrumMaster Certification
- Master of Science in Information Science
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Experienced in presenting and training
- Public website development, including Content Management System (CMS) implementation
- Intranet development
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Geographical Information System (GIS) development
- Online advertising
- Service integration
- Kiosk & CD-ROM development
- Business planning & analysis
- Requirements gathering
- Focus group management
- Content development
- Proposal development
- Copy editing
- Program management
Industries I've Served
- Environmental investigations
- Water sampling programs
Some of the Clients I've Served
- Financial (Brokerage)
Technologies of the projects I've worked on
- Sony Music
- Rohm and Haas
- General Electric
- Merrill Lynch
- GMAC Bank
- Yellow Book USA
- Johnson & Johnson
- Campbell's Soup Company
- The Philadelphia Parking Authority
- Active Server Pages & ActiveX Data Objects (ADO)
- Visual Basic
- Java Script
- HTML, DHTML
- XML, XSLT
- .NET Framework
- ESRI platform (GIS)
- Google API (Maps, Calendar, Blogger, Picasa, Analytics)
- WordPress templates
- Project Manager
SAP – Newtown Square, PA
Currently working within SAP’s Global IT department, focusing on the implementation of an enterprise web content management system with a globally distributed team. Responsibilities include status reporting, forecasting, budgeting and issue management using JIRA. (December 2010 to present)
- Project & Production Specialist
Providing project & production support with a focus on website and interactive exhibit development. Additional focus on environmentally-oriented websites and exhibit spaces. Delivering expertise in project coordination, information architecture, requirements documentation, website strategy, software testing, issues management, writing, testing, research. Website development assistance using the Google tools suite & WordPress templates. (January 2009 to December 2010)
- Project Manager
Comcast Corporation – Philadelphia, PA
Worked onsite within Comcast’s commercial division, providing program & project management for mission critical software initiatives. Responsibilities included integrated project planning, risk management, status reporting & presenting, project scheduling, work breakdown structure (WBS) creation, issue & action item management, coordination of software releases, defect management using HP Quality Center, oversight of the QA system testing process, & ‘war room’ coordination. Assisted in planning for a data center migration. (June 2006 to December 2007)
- Project Manager
The Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, PA
Worked in PMI’s IT department on career management and certification-related projects, in an agile software development environment. Provided program & project management, and served as IT liaison for developing system improvements & maintenance. Managed teams ranging from 5–8 members. Responsibilities included charter & SOW creation, achieving stakeholder consensus, project budgeting & estimating; status reporting, project schedule & WBS development, vendor management & performance measurement, team organization & resource allocation, coordination of software releases, providing training to customer service, facilitation of project wrap activities, review of functional requirements, & oversight of the QA system testing process. (June 2006 to December 2007)
- Project Manager
Refinery, Inc., Huntingdon Valley, PA
Major responsibilities include managing project teams, project estimating and proposal/SOW development. (July 2003 to June 2006)
- Project Manager (contractor)
Medical Broadcasting Company, Philadelphia, PA
Project highlights include website search engine optimizations, management of strategic consulting engagements, and online advertising development. (November 2002 to May 2003)
- Project Manager
Qwest Interactive, Malvern, PA
Responsibilities include managing project teams, developing software specifications, strategic project planning, cost estimating, information architecture, and analysis of client business needs. Managed teams ranging from 3-10 members. Projects generated over $3.25M in revenue and over 1.7M in profit. (August 1996 to June 2002)
- The Computer Learning Center of Philadelphia
Taught Intermediate and Advance Microsoft Excel. (July - August 1996)
- Project Manager
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia
Responsible for the successful coordination of a sampling program for a large environmental remediation project conducted by the Rohm and Haas Company. Responsibilities included providing the client with technical expertise, organizing project meetings, supervision of project field team, report writing, project planning, cost estimating, and data organization. Recipient of Patrick Center Award for Project Excellence, 1995. (May 1994 to April 1996)
- Project Coordinator / Geologist
- BCM Engineers, Inc., Burlington, NJ
Conducted numerous environmental investigation and clean-up projects, including two large-scale projects for General Electric and Sony Music. Responsibilities included geologic interpretation, scientific research, cost estimating, contractor management, field supervision of 3-5 people, health and safety enforcement, report writing, and detailed documentation (October 1990 - August 1993)
Certificate in GIS, 2012-2013
Master of Science in Information Science
- GIS Programming & Automation (using Python)
- GIS Database Development
- Problem Solving with GIS
- The Nature of Geographic Information
- Agile Project Management, ASPE Technology, 2007
- Planning for a GIS, ESRI Virtual Campus, 2006
- Decision Making, PSU Great Valley, 2005
- Developing Team Leadership, PSU Great Valley, 2004
- Solid & Fluid Mechanics, Drexel University, 1994-95
Penn State University, Great Valley. For details, click here.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Bachelor of Science from the University of Delaware, 1990
Some Project Highlights
Information architecture & support for DuPontEEC.org
- Project and content management for an interactive exhibit project
- Managed programming for a hospital wayfinding kiosk
- Managed updates for TidalTrail.org
- Information architecture & management for DestinationSchuylkillRiver.org
- Managed the IT development of PMI's new credential, the Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Website re-architecture, content development, metrics & measurement, and search engine optimization for Rohm and Haas
- Website re-architecture and design, and search engine optimization for GMAC Bank
- PPA Parking Locator
- Website re-architecture and design, and search engine optimization for Yellow Book USA
- Intranet design consulting for Unisys
- Managed the development of mysoup.com, a online promotional sweepstakes.
- Managed Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Zevalin.com
- Managed development of a clinical trial recruitment email and call center script.
- Managed development of Advertising banners for AMBIEN, a leading sleep aid.
- Qwest CyberCenter HIPAA Security Assessment.
- Managed development of an Intranet for Aventis Pharmaceuticals.
- Managed the design of mvi-us.com, a new product web site for AstraZeneca.
- Architected TPNpro.com, a portal site for nutritionists, pharmacists, and physicians.
- Managed the re-design of Centocor.com, the corporate site for a biotechnology subsidiary of J&J.
- Conceived, Managed & Designed Grab O'Matic, an internal knowledge management tool. What is Grab O'Matic? Click here to find out.
- Managed the development of two consumer websites, for GYNECARE, a division of Ethicon, a J&J company.
- Managed the development of a consumer site, HerniaSolutions.com for Ethicon.
- Managed intranet development for SmithKline Beecham.
- Managed the online SmithKline Beecham 1998 & 1999 Annual Environment & Safety Report
- Managed the development of a "write-to" web-based budget system for Merrill Lynch, that allows over 200 branch offices across the country to create their annual budgets for 1999.
- Coordinated a commercial and educational CD-ROM, The Amistad Incident. To read an article about the project, click here. To read a review of the CD,
- Produced www.Acumins.com, a web site which allows you to generate your own custom nutritional supplementation formula.
- Webmaster for mentalwellness.com, a comprehensive site about mental illness and schizophrenia for patients, families and caregivers. (1997)
- Produced a computer based training CD-ROM designed to instruct sales representatives on the Helicobacter pylori bacteria and its treatment.
- Managed the development of a trade show kiosk that collected data on users' knowledge of a particular Hepatitus C treatment.
- Coordinated the production of a museum exhibition project involving the creation of 17 multimedia kiosks for Maltbie Associates and The National Science Center.
To read an article about the project, click
here! To read my statistical analysis of some of the exhibits, click here!
Information Architecture Samples